Thursday, April 16, 2009

New LO and Template 31

I participated in this week's Grand Theft LO at ScrapMatters. I love how the page turned out, and I learned/played with some new shadowing techniques. I had no idea you could make your drop shadow into a new layer and mess with it! If I wanted a wonkier shadow, I usually would duplicate the layer, fill it with black, mess with the edges....etc. Took a lot longer! Anyway, here is my LO:

Credits:
The worm extraction is from an actual photo of the worm, but the stick it's sitting on comes in the kit.
kit - "Snips and Snails" by Tracie Stroud
font - My Own Topher

Template 31
This template comes from my "To Love Oneself..." layout. It's a two pager, with room for 7 largeish pictures.
6/11/09 - This template has been updated and now includes both the original PSD and new PNG files.

Click on the preview to download!

(Edit: Link fixed)

8 comments:

  1. Aaw, that's adorable!! Richie and his little wormie. Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Uncategorized post on Apr. 16, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the sweetest, cutest thing I've seen in a while! Great journaling. Great picture/extraction and shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 16 Apr [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 17 Apr [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would be interested to know where you found tuts on shadowing techniques. I really want to learn how to do them properly. Your LO's are all great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. another great template! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for another fabulous template! You did a superb job on the worm extraction. It looks like it was really sitting on that stick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 06 Jun [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 07 Jun [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

    ReplyDelete